The Gabbitas Family

Friday, January 6, 2012

He's just around the corner

So were about 6 weeks out to having Brecken arrive. That is if he comes on his due date. As much as I am so excited to meet my little man he needs to bake just a while longer. I am fine with him coming early, but I don't want him to come around our anniversary (Feb 4th) Great timing, right? Knowing my luck, since it's the only date I don't want him to come, he most likely will. However; there isn't really anything I can do if he decides it's time. I will not try to hold him in any longer, I guess I will just have to deal with having his birthday and anniversary be the same day.

Well I thought I'd do a blog update on what's been happening these last few weeks. Garrett and I had a wonderful Christmas. It was so nice to stay home and spend quality time with each other. We didn't have much shopping to do for each other, because we mostly bought everything online on black Friday. Even though we basically knew everything we were getting, it was nice to not have to go fight the shopping lines being prego and all. For Christmas, Garrett got me a cricut, a willow tree home decoration of a mom and her babies, and bread pans for cooking. He also filled my stocking with chocolate and other fun stuff too. I  got him a ton of tools,  I also made him a homemade blanket. Another thing  I made him was this really cute monthly dating idea craft. Basically, it's called the 12 dates of Christmas and for every month there is a new date planned. I thought this would be a great idea to do since were having a baby soon. I figured since our dates are already planned out and all we have to do is go, this will help us develop a habit of transitioning from getting mommy daddy time. So, here are some of the dates we will be doing this year.

Temple & lunch
Hiking the incline
laser tag
River rafting
Snow boarding
Shooting shot guns
Haunted house
Picnic and flying kites

There are twelve dates planned out each month. Now we just have to see which weekend will work the best for us. January and February, are a little more complicated due to the fact that I am getting ready to pop, but the rest of the months I am so excited to go do physical activies and get back into shape, plus doing it with my husband. I couldn't ask for anything better ;)

Now lets talk about some of our new year resolutions for 2012:

We decided that our main goal this year is we want to read the Book of Mormon together from the beginning to the end. This is something, both Garrett and I struggle with. For some reason we just have a hard time reading as a couple, I guess we just get distracted with life. So this year, our number one goal is to read it together as a couple and gain a stronger testimony of it's truthfulness and develop a stronger relationship between husband and wife.

Since this year will be filled with many changes were not going to overwhelm ourselves with a ton of goals. We are keeping it simple and decided on reading the Book of Mormon and being good parents to Brecken. I think that these are great goals. Garrett explained that one way he can become a good parent is by working on being patient and for me I feel that I can be a good parent by being and staying organized. So, there are our goals! Wish us luck on our fun adventure!!!!

Stay tuned for more updates & soon pics of our lil guy!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment