The Gabbitas Family

Friday, January 28, 2011

The count down is on!!

Garrett was able to make one more phone call before he shipped off to basic. Of course I didn't know that and my phone went off at 4:30 AM. I would normally be upset and wondering who is calling at that hour, but since it was Garrett I was happy to hear from him. The only real communication we will have from now on will be through letters. I am sad that I won't be able to hear his voice, but letters are fun too. Our conversation was short, brief and to the point. I could hear the drill sargents yelling in the background and knew we didn't have much time. We were able to exchange I love you's and then the phone clicked off.

I know most of you are thinking how could someone do this? How is Tami handling this? Well I must tell you, I am doing well. In fact, I am amazing. Yes, it is hard that my husband isn't around, but we chose our situation, now we must live with. And the only way to live through this is to be happy, positive, and grateful. My wonderful husband made me promise him that no matter what, I would stay positive, and that I will keep. The situation is what it is, and the best way to keep going each day for me is keeping a positive attitude.

I must add how much the lord is teaching me through all of this. I feel and abundance of peace and comfort surronding me constanly, and I feel the prayers that are in our behalf. Speaking of prayers, I feel a closer relationship with my heavenly father these past few days, I'm grateful for his love for me and the hardships he is helping me overcome. Without his help, I would not be able to get through this.

Well that is all for now. 17 weeks here we come!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment